This section of the brand book was about the incorrect usage of the logo, showing examples of the different ways in which the logo should not be used.
This part of the brand book was quite important as it really emphasised on a specific way in which the logo should be used throughout the brand. The preferred way to use the Curly Tresses logo is over a white background, so insure that all dimensions of the logo can be legible.
I initially based the Do’s and Don’ts section on a brand book I was looking at and then created my own. I had a very clear mindset on ways in which the logo should appear on all communications. Below are just a few examples:
– Change the orientation
– Add effects such as drop shadows to the logo
– Place the logo on a busy background
– Attempt to change the colour unless specified in the colour palette
– Scale the logo inappropriately
– Display the logo without the type