What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a letter that you send to accompany your CV when you apply for job, whether advertised or when you are sending an unsolicited application. Do not over look this tool as it can be a great asset in your job hunt.
Below are a few examples of cover letters for a Junior Graphic Designer.
What makes a good cover letter?
– Ensure your letter matches your resume in presentation and style.
– Make every attempt to find out the name of the hiring manager before sending your application.
– Keep in mind the purpose of the letter is to gain attention.
– Summarize what you can do for the company without a total reiteration of the resume.
– Limit the number of sentences beginning with “I” as much as possible.
With these key factors in mind, I created my own Cover Letter for a job that I saw advertised.