– Image 2: Sci-fi Creation

After collecting my stock images, I began to create my second image.

 

Advertisements

– Creating The Magazine: Contents Page

To create the contents page I looked into various different layouts for some ideas.

   

I drew up my own idea and began to create it.

The first page of my contents page.

A little more text to further explain what this page is about.

A section of an image which would be found on that page with the heading of the page in bold and a little summary underneath. The page number is situated on the top of the image.

The final look of the contents page.

– Final Images

After going through the various test shoots, I selected the ones which I was going to take forward and edit as part of my ad campaign.

         

I will now begin looking at different ways in which I could edit my images to make them more high street and appealing to my target audience.

– Creating The Magazine: Long Feature 3

continuation from the previous post:

As this long feature had a lot of text to be implemented I attempted to lay this information down in a way that it didn’t look overpowering and kept a very clean look about it.

Adding images to the article was very basic and with the use of columns I was able to place them in a ordially format. I used white text for the caption of the images.

Adding the final text to the 4th page of the long feature.

The creation of the 5th and final page of the long feature.

I used white text for the captions of the images. This stood out really well and worked well with the image.

– Image 2: Digital Manipulation

For the second image I decided to go for a digital manipulation image. However I wanted to try a theme that was new to me and see the results I could get.

I decided to choose a Sci-fi digital manipulation as it was something that I have never done before and was really excited to try something new and different from my usual surreal like landscapes.

After looking at a few images, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to create a simple but effective image. I wanted there to have a main image which was the focus but also have elements to the piece that really stood out. This instantly gave me the idea of creating a piece to do with the earth and some form of collision.

I then went about collecting my stock from deviant art, cg textures as well as various tutorials that would help me create the background for my piece.

 

– Creating The Magazine: Long Feature 2

Now that I have decided on the design for my long feature I began to create it in Adobe InDesign. This went very well as I had already created my short feature and with the help of the lectures that explained the basic principles of InDesign. I recorded the steps in which I took to create my final long feature spreads.

I firstly decided to use the same colours as the original design, however changing the intensity of the colours made it more appealing and more contemporary without changing the target audience. I situated the title of the feature on left hand side to try something different, which was successful and visually exciting.

I then began to add the text which was the same typeface and font size as the previous short feature article. This was done to keep a consistent  look throughout the entire magazine re-creation.

Whilst adding the text, I decided to add the page number as well as the magazine website at the bottom of the page. The colour choice of this was determined on the colour of that page. For example, the page number and website name on the next page was created in a white colour as the background was a lot darker and needed to stand out.

Whilst adding text on the next page, I felt that to add more visual elements to it I would break up the text and add a few elements to achieve this.

The next few pages used the same colours but the visual approach to it was a little different.

– Creating The Magazine: Long Feature

My long feature was based on the feature that was very prominent in the original magazine. The feature was based on a historical bus which they explained about in great detail throughout the article. I chose to re-create this feature as I really didn’t like the layout and they way the information was structured for the target audience to read.

The structure of the feature was very bland and didnt have a lot of order to it, as there were chunks of text that related to certain images placed in an organized way. The typeface colour and format, I also felt needed to be developed further.

For this re-creation I again wasn’t trying to change the audience but merely to make the information more accessible and easier for my target audience to read.

Before I started on the re-creation I looked at a wide range of article layouts and the way in which they presented a block of information to their readers. This would enable me to gain ideas for my own design.

            

Looking at the above images of the different magazine spreads I was able to draw up a few ideas for my own design for my long feature.