Using the cover designs from my research I drew up a few ideas to get me started. I focused mainly on the title typeface and the layout design.
These cover design layouts were very simple’ in the fact that the typeface and the image use dominated the whole entire piece. I tried various font styles and placed the image in different angles and positioning’s. However I wasn’t entirely pleased with the ideas I was coming up with and needed to refer back to my research to generate another idea.
After referring back to my research and analysing what I had already come up with, I was able to create another sketch that really had potential and which I was going to take forward.
I decided to just sketch out where the information on the cover design should be placed, as well as an idea of what I would like the typeface to look like. Doing this would enable me to further develop this idea into a very successful cover design.