After a little more work on the poster design, I decided to tweak it a little which I felt worked well.
I developed this further by changing the information situated at the bottom to white. I felt this worked better as previously there was too many different colours on the design. I also added two lines to break the information up. This would make it easier for the audience to digest the most important parts of the design.
The different colour headings also made it easier for the audience to understand the poster. The colour headings would be a different one for each of the months. Again to add something different but still keeping a simple approach to the whole design.