As stated previously, I will be choosing the Ministry of Sound brief. I collected a few images of previous designs that I felt worked well in certain ways.
Below are my findings:
- The colour palette is very strong and vibrant
- The typeface chosen works well with the whole concept
- Main information is bold and vibrant
- Visually exciting
- Main attraction situated in the front and center of the poster
(image taken from: http://www.songkick.com/posters/1350531)
- Font and type bold and eye-catching this works well
- Colour palette works well here
- The typeface is clean-cut, yet has interesting elements about it
- Important information bigger than the rest
- Overall concept simple
- Bold, visually exciting
- Party theme concept implemented here
- Logo design colour changed to fit the style of the overall design
- Very informative
After analysing the poster designs above, I noticed that there was a very definite and similar style implemented in all the designs. Each design really exaggerates on the party theme concept which I feel works well, however it gives me a challenge to do something different from previous designs.
In my next posts I will focus on my ideas and how I will change from the traditional party theme concept that they use.