I researched into the three terms to gain my own understanding and knowledge and wrote down notes on my findings.
– The trustworthiness of a speaker or writer
– Ethos is an effective persuasive tool because when we believe that the speaker can relate to us or doesn’t give any indication of harming us and our thoughts we are then more willing to listen to what they have to say.
– Involves engaging the readers’ or listeners’ emotions.
– Language choices affects the audience’s emotional response.
– Persuading by the use of reasoning.
– The logic which is used to support an argument, as well as facts and figures to help do this.
– Academic arguments rely greatly on logos.
Using these notes and researching a little further into Aristotle 3 artistic poofs I will be able to then display my understanding in my rhetoric essay.